This trail system offers activities such as biking, hiking, birding, and more. It is to connect communities in Iosco County and stimulate local economy.
- Promote additional recreation options in Iosco County:
- Birding (adding to the largest Michigan birding trail in the nation)
- Economic impact
- The path is expected to have a significant positive impact for the county as other paths have provided in many other communities
- Bring additional tourists from other states and countries
- Increase population growth, business, and employment opportunities
- Place the increased amount of bikers, walkers, and runners on a path instead of being on or too close to vehicle traffic
- Provide a safe route for children traveling to and from schools
- Increase visibility of notable sites in the county
- Recreationally connect communities from one side of the county to the other
- Provide additional activities for residents
Experience Private Club Conditions at a Resort. Lakewood Shores Resort not only offers great golf, but wonderful accommodations, meeting facilities and excellent cuisine. Nestled among northern Michigan hardwoods, our 152 rooms offer an excellent view along with a patio overlooking the courses. All tastefully decorated, rooms range in style from new hotel units to spacious one and two-bedroom suites, many with in room Jacuzzi's.
Dining facilities include our main dining room which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Scotland Cove, our 19th hole, serves soup, sandwiches and quick snacks for making the turn. Our lounge offers a relaxed atmosphere to kick back after a round, and our banquet room is available for larger groups, meetings or special events.